Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday: Lots of crappy shit happened today

But I'm tired and my head hurts, so I'm just going to talk about this:

What?
Yep, crazy Japanese Kit-Kats.  They had them at Longs, and even though this bag was like $5, I bought it anyway.  The label claims that these are "vanilla ice" flavored, which means I don't need to make a joke here.


Note that Japanese candy technology is far better than American: the wrapper has a convenient notch for tearing it open.  One tiny notch, and the amount of effort needed to get the candy to your mouth is now 5% what it once was.


I'm unclear if Japanese ink technology is also super advanced, but I don't think I have a pen that would write well on shiny plastic candy wrapper.  Maybe I'll try tomorrow.  I assume these are special valentine versions, so you can hand out individually labeled candy.


No flash because all the flash pictures washed out the bar too much.  These are significantly smaller than the regular US KKs.

I'm not sure what "vanilla ice" means in Japanese.  The Japanese is just "BA-NI-RA-A I-SU [flavor]", so that's not terribly helpful.  After eating it, I came to the conclusion that "cake frosting" was probably the closest thing that I could match it to.  Japan apparently has terrible ice cream if that's what it's supposed to be.


  • I saw this story yesterday, and I guess this is some sort of improvement.  Still curious as to what he did to Israel.
  • I saw the trailer for this yesterday.  Looks interesting, and now knowing that it's a four-part series explains the weird 1's in the Japanese trailer.  I'm a bit concerned about Togusa, as if this is Motoko's early history, Togusa should still be in the police, right?  Maybe I need to read the comic again.
  • Oh, is it?
  • Squirrels!
  • Ice King!
  • See above, headache, so I'll save this here for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment