Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday: Sheets are fucking expensive

My new bed was delivered today, so I had to go out to buy sheets and things (since the new one is bigger than the old one).  Mattress pad + a new pillow + one set of sheets = 16% the price of the bed itself?  Is this like a razor/blade strategy?  I also had problems finding decent sheets that are completely cotton.  It's the tropics, polyester is a terrible thing here.  I think tomorrow will involve driving around to see if I can find better prices.

Yes, I know, online.  It's something for me to do tomorrow.

Then I had sushi:
Spicy ebi fry.  This is impossible to eat because it's too tall, but really tasty.

I was at seat #1, so I could steal all the delicious things immediately after they were placed on the belt.
"Dear Captain Planet, I think you know what you should have used instead of 'Heart'.  Ma-Ti was fucking useless."

  • My WF didn't have these when I looked today.  I really wish smokey bacon chips were available here.
  • I've been getting the feeling that Bob Woodward has become cranky old douchebag, and it seems other people are getting that idea too.
  • I had never heard of this story before.  I guess she's grown up now, and is making documentaries.
  • "[...] arrested on suspicion of resisting an officer and obstructing an officer in the performance of his duties [...]" Really?  Maybe next time they make up something to arrest someone for, they'll make sure he isn't a widely known ex-rapper.
  • So yes, if we had a proper single payer insurance system, none of this would happen.  Monopsony would prevent every hospital from having random prices that don't relate to anything, and would help keep administrator salaries reasonable.  CSB: I went to the doctor last week and got two drugs.  The pharmacist rang it up wrong, so the sticker didn't have the correct co-pay price.  When I looked, the list prices came out to about $700, for which I paid $30 in co-pays.  How can anyone claim that this system is at all good?

No comments:

Post a Comment