Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday: Kleenex. Fucking kleenex.

I stood in the grocery store for like five minutes, going through my mental list, trying to figure out what the last item I needed was, and eventually decided that I miscounted my list, and that I was done.

Fucking kleenex.  Damn.

Because I have nothing else to put here.

  • There are so few people in the world that will understand the joke here, that I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of making it into a shirt.
  • Now this, this is a joke everyone would get.
  • Making a Planet Hulk/WW Hulk movie series would be a bad idea.  I thought everyone agreed that the Illuminati idea wasn't that great.  I mean, how many times has Reed Richards just blatantly fucked up everything because he didn't think things through (answer: all the times).
  • "You're red hot like pizza supper!"
  • Maybe it's just me and my crazy liberal "maths," but I can't see how this thing is going to work.  I count something like 120 houses on their map, and that ignores their school and other buildings.  It also ignores their giant two stage wall idea.  Let's just start with the 120 houses.  How much does a house cost to build?  Google suggests a cheap-o mobile home is $20k, so you need $2.4e6 just to have a crappy little unwalled town.  Using this guy as a "building a wall" price guide, I come up with a guess of like $8.5e6 to build a mile wall twenty feet high.  So, let's say you need at least $1e7 up front to build your gunutopia.  If they're selling their guns for $1550, they need to sell 6452 * (1 - margin)^-1 guns to cover this.  I guess if there are like 10e6 guns sold a year, this isn't impractical, but this just doesn't seem super practical.  Unless you have lots of rich people joining up, I'm not sure how to get the money necessary upfront to build the thing.  If I ran a bank, and someone told me they wanted a loan to build a highly armed and fortified castle, I'd be the most irresponsible banker ever if I gave them money.

No comments:

Post a Comment