Saturday, June 30, 2018

Saturday: Some statistics.


  • Approximate number of miles driven: 2000.
  • Number of times I've almost died on this trip: 2.
    • Once when I hydroplaned while it was hailing between Laramie and Cheyenne.
    • Once when I couldn't see where the road was after a semi passed me between Goodland, KS, and SomeOtherPlace, KS.
  • Number of crashed/broken cars seen: 18.
  • Number of crashed/broken cars seen in Colorado: 18.
  • Number of crashed/broken cars seen in the Denver metro area: 16.
  • City whose urban planning is best fixed with an orbital laser strike: Denver.
  • City whose urban planning surprisingly works: Salt Lake City.
  • State with least interesting food options: All of them.
  • Number of Targets seen: 7.
  • Number of cops seen: 5.
  • Number of wind turbines in Wyoming: ~120.
  • Azimuthal range covered by synchronized warning lights on wind turbines near Wilson, KS: 180°.
Let's just say it was an eventful day.

The start.

It started out as a cold and rainy day.
Wyoming actually isn't awful to drive through.  It looks nice, and the roads aren't terrible.
Back to Laramie for the first time in more than a decade.
 I was somewhat surprised to see three college age kids crossing the street with a rainbow, a bisexual, and a pansexual flags.  Today was apparently the Pride parade in Laramie, which is a nice improvement over twenty years ago, just before I first visited.
But I was there for a calzone.
 Because that's also been awhile.
It was good.
 I had to find a place to park and eat.
There were squirrels.
Then more driving, and after realizing I wasn't going to get to my hotel before restaurants closed, I stopped at the first place I saw.
And had a shake.

And steak.
 It was all good, although I could have used a fork.  Zach.  I'm talking to you, Zach.

While there, I saw this tweet, which was odd, because I was pretty sure I was there.

Then it rained, and it wasn't fun, and it rained some more, and it continued to not be fun for like five and a half hours.

And my car hit 30k miles.
Here are extra squirrel pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment