Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday: Sorting out apartments

I had something like eighteen places on my list.  A few were bought, so I've had to drop them.  I have nine messages out, and already have two "call me tomorrow" replies.  I suspect some of these won't work, as they want someone in before I'll be ready.  Still, there's a lot that don't open until July 1st, and some that have been on the market for a long time.

I'm also thinking that after the first year, if things are still going well, I should just look into buying one of these places.  Then I can be almost as grown up as other people I know.

I also tried to get an upgrade using miles for my flight to SFO.  It didn't go through immediately, which suggests that it's already full.  In that case, I'll get the miles back, which makes me think that I should have been doing this years ago.

I intentionally changed clothes so I could take a picture.

I've been bad about taking food pictures.  Lunch has mostly been leftovers, and dinner has been a nice return to food I remember as a kid.  Oniony roast beef, tasty herbed pan-friend chicken, tomorrow is pasta of some variety with homemade sauce.  I need to sit down and steal a few recipes, partially because I've promised some of them for six months now.


No comments:

Post a Comment