Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday: I need to be up in like five hours.

Which sucks.  But that's the downside to taking an early flight.  Unfortunately, it's the only non-stop, so unless I want to wait an hour in Chicago or Denver, this is the best option.  At least it gets me in to Alameda about brunch time.  Mmmm...brunch.

I'm basically packed, as the laptop I'm typing this on is staying here, under the "you only really need one laptop, I mean come on" principle that I ignored here (where I have two active laptops, a third in reserve, and a mini-PC installed ready for use.

It feels weird to not be packing everything up, but since I'll be back in about two weeks, it's a bit of a waste to do it now.  It's mostly stuff I'll only need when I get to a new apartment, so taking it across country (twice) is silly.

The breaded tenderloin is Indiana's "most famous" food.  Or something like that.  It's thin pork, deep fried, then stuck on a bun.  So, katsu sando, but whiter.  And now that I'm thinking about it, tonkatsu sauce is exactly what this was missing.  


Even though I'm looking forward to SFO, I'm still a bit sad that this means that my month of being lazy is half over.  I'm increasingly sure that everyone should take June off.  Also December.  I guess I'm saying that we should have two months off each year, in addition to the standard set of holidays.

Ugh.  Ok, time to try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment