Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday: Current definitive ranking of states traveled through


  1. California.  The roads are clearly labeled, and are wide enough for everybody.
  2. Wyoming.  It just looks better than the others, and has this brilliant invention called "occasional third lane for passing" so trucks don't have to play hop-frog to sort themselves out.
  3. Utah.  Did you know those salt flats for cars are in Utah?
  4. Nevada.  We should just give the rest of the state back to the federal government, because this state is a huge butt that's not fun to cross.
This number got a lot bigger today.
There is simply no place to eat in this part of the country that isn't generic fast food.  So I got Arby's, because Nevada is crap, and I needed something to eat at 2pm.
It was fine, but why aren't there Fazolis?  Qdobas?
 And then Utah showed up.
Thinking about it now, I had no clue where this was, but probably wouldn't have guessed Utah.
 Utah also has the worst record for having bathrooms at rest stops that are open, such that it justifies having the rest stop.
Vroom!
 Basically all of the ones I stopped at sucked.  Or had no cell service, so I couldn't check anything out.
Cool sign, though.
I didn't plan today out much, because I just wanted to get as far as possible.  This ended up meaning Rock Springs, Wyoming, which doesn't have much going for it.  Even worse, the hotel restaurant was closed, so I had to go with the backup plan.
And now I have leftovers, for breakfast or emergency ration purposes.
I can book a miles-room from the parking lot with my phone, so that's cool.  I've already picked tomorrow's stopping point, which should get me back on schedule.

ANd now my eyes are having trouble staying awake, so I guess this is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment