Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Tuesday: The news is saying people are complaining that the recent repaving didn't repave the whole road.

But this ignores the fact that Manoa road was nearly unusable before now.  The giant holes everywhere, the mountain down by the five-way-intersection-that-is-an-abomination-before-the-eyes-of-god that was impossible to pass faster than ten mph, the constant uneven road with random gauges.  All fixed.  Who cares if they didn't repave the part of the street people park on.  I enjoy driving on roads that aren't actively trying to destroy my car.

Also: shout out to the guy who decided "no lines means I drive in middle of the street."  You're an idiot, and you're going to kill someone.

I realized yesterday that I have something like 13 new-Pokemon evolutions I can do, which works out to 26k xp.  However, I need to make a list, and I need to make a list of "almost" things, because I remembered today that rare candy exist, and that I could probably bump those close ones.

  • They are again trying to kill Pell Grants, which are part of why I am nearly done paying student loans.
  • "Think about it. I mean, everybody but the current employees voted for us up and down the line."  Think about it.  I mean, there's a point where you have to realize you sound like a villain.
  • I missed Brooklyn 99 to watch Legends of Tomorrow.  "Sometimes we screw things up for the better."  That really should be their official slogan.  Tonight's episode involved Rip Hunter being a jerk (again/still) and Julius Caesar taking over the world because after being mind wiped and having a selfie taken, he stole a history book about Rome out of one of the heroes hands.  Like, there was literally no other way it could have happened.  He had to have taken the book, Steel would have to have let go of the book he was holding in his hands, and then forget that he was no longer holding a book.  I love shows that just don't care how silly they get.  Oh, also Flash was on, and it was gloomy and everyone was a butt, and I guess Barry died/well, actually he died is simpler last season and had to be brought back, and new Barry is going to be less of a butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment