Monday, October 30, 2017

Monday: And that was when I realized that I'd left my wallet at home today.

Unfortunately, it was while ordering two slices of crappy pizza from the slightly less crappy pizza place by work for lunch.  I did a quick search to make sure it hadn't just fallen out of my pocket, but after not finding it, went back home, opened the door to see it sitting happily on my couch, went back to work, and ordered different two slices of crappy pizza, because they'd sold the last meatball one to the lady right in front of me.

So it's been that kind of day today.  At least it's Indictment Day, so that's good.  Another actor turned Milkshake Duck, but at least people are starting to name these people.

Supergirl was better this week, mostly because she just got to be awesome, and her enemy was "Cult who worships Supergirl."  She defeated them with the power of "you're a terrorist who is trying to kill a bunch of people, also you brought kryptonite, which is literally my only kryptonite.  IT'S THE THING THAT DEFINED THE WORD!  DUMMY!"  Alex and the cultist had to push the bomb into an explosion hole to save the day.  Then he went to jail.

I've been reading Yotsuba& again.

  • This article is a mess.  Unreasonable faculty shouldn't be accepted as "just how it is," and pointing out that only 2/50 faculty members are women and that that means they have to be unreasonable ignores the obvious alternate solution.  The counter letter is far better.
  • Conservatives are dumb, and honestly believe stupid Nazi propaganda because of that.  There are more and better points, but it's a long read.
  • Also: just regular dumb, as shown here.
  • This sucks.  I've been reading them since they were part of Gawker, which wikipedia tells me stopped being true in 2008, so almost a decade, and now I feel old.  At least there will be a new RSS feed, so it probably won't be a noticable change for me.
  • This is cute.  Almost unreasonably so.

No comments:

Post a Comment