Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thursday: I had a great title, but I forgot what it was.

I woke up today, checked my phone, and discovered that it was using 4G instead of wifi.  "Crap, did my computer crash again?"  Yes.  It had.  But not only that, it'd shut down completely, making me suspect maybe it was a power outage.  So I pushed the button.  Nothing.  Push the button again.  Nothing.  Slam press the button a bunch of times.  Nothing.

Crap.  I immediately started triaging: the old laptop still works, it just has a broken bezel, I could use that as a temporary replacement.  I would have to get things configured correctly, but that wouldn't be too difficult.  The biggest challenge would be getting data off the disks.

I took a shower, planned out what I would need to do, thought about how much of a replacement computer to get, and how quickly I could get it delivered.  As I was getting dressed, I had a thought.  This case is nearly 20 years old.  The button is a crappy plastic thing that gets jammed in the housing pretty regularly.  Maybe the issue was that the button wasn't working?  A quick google search later showed me the pinouts for my motherboard, and a switch swapped the power switch with the reset button.  Tap.  Boot.  So it's all ok, I guess.  For now.

The best I could do was an anniversary Pokemon.
Also the news was trash today.


  • Racists are terrible.  I do hope that all the "liberal journalists" in these emails lose their jobs.  Don't pretend to be cool and then do shitty things secretly.
  • Same thing with this asshole.
  • I'm not that great at economics, but this makes sense.
  • I look forward to watching youtube let's plays of this game that involve cat petting.
  • A round bird.
  • I saw stuff that made me think that Kelly Thompson might be going to write a Rogue/Gambit comic.  I hate Gambit, and am at best indifferent to Rogue.  Writing like this is why if it does happen, I will probably get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment