Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday: "Yuck the shit out of that."

That is my new favorite phrase.
Eight years ago I got L&L in California.
I really need to do historical blog posts.  I have a lot of photos from before I started blogging every day (June 19, 2011).  
A lot.
I looked at Marvel Unlimited today, to see if that would cover my comic book reading needs.  It looks like things aren't released on it until after they've been sold in stores for six months.  Ok, that's not ideal, as I can just pick up the trade at that point.  Then I looked around to see if the comics I want to read have archives on MU.  It looks like the answer is no, so MU totally doesn't work for me.

  • Moon Girl?  Not even listed in the damn character list, despite being first billed and the smartest person in the world.
  • Devil Dinosaur? Two issues (with Moon Girl), both of which are in the trade I just got.
  • Squirrel Girl? Six month delay, incomplete archive.
  • Patsy Walker, Hellcat?  Six months, incomplete archive, disturbing hellscape of 90's art, nothing from that limited series from like 2005 that I've been meaning to dig out of my closet to read again.
  • She-Hulk?  Nothing from the new series yet, also I somehow have a directory of zip files that I have no clue how I got them, so maybe this archive isn't so important.
  • Girl Hawkguy?  Nothing new, incomplete archive.
  • Howard the Duck?  Wait, did he get cancelled again?
So I guess I stick with trades.

Disturbing Hellscape of 90's Art:

That's not how hips work.


That's not how people move.  Captain America appears to be jumping out from between Thor's legs.

That's not how mouths work.

I have never seen a man made completely of stone, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they look like.  Also, Tigra is falling in half with that spine.

Thor's shoulder is larger than Captain America's head.

Thor's wrist is larger than Captain America's head.
 Yes, we could spend eternity shitting on Rob Liefeld.
Is Iron Man frowning?  Does his Iron suit have abs?  Can someone please just get Tigra a shirt?  Did Thor just jump off Captain America's shield, or is he about to land and murder everyone with lightning?
 Bonus from the She-Hulk page (yes, all the rest were from Patsy Walker, Hellcat).
That's not how fabric works.

No comments:

Post a Comment