Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuesday: I hate meetings.

Because they always run long, and that means that it was nearly four when I had time to get lunch.  I did at least sort out that the reason something works when I wasn't sure it would is because when I wrote that thing in August, I made sure it checked everything first, and fall back to the old method if it couldn't do the new method.  So it works because I assumed that it would have to.
And I had to reserve money out of my wallet for future Girl Scout cookies.
 And after doing a bit more writing, and still being hungry because I didn't want to get lunch so late, I went to get dinner.
I got the cheesy bread with the lasagna, because sometimes you need cheesy bread to un-garbage a day.
Today's summary of "who's lying to whom" on Agents of Shield:

  1. Director Strong Guy has been taking Hyde formula to be strong, since he's not really strong.  This is a bad/dumb idea, but the main characters found out today.
  2. Dr. From the Mummy really has no good plan on what he's doing to steal the demon book.
  3. Dr. Science Guy is downloading copies of the Robot Girlfriend's memory, and not telling Dr. Science Lady, because she'll tell him it's a bad/dumb idea.  Since it is.
  4. Coulson is going to lie to everybody to keep Director Strong Guy handling politics.
  5. I'm pretty sure Shaky Mutant saw that Agent Robot Copy May had machinery sticking out of her shoulder, since there was a convenient mirror there.
Also, this just hit me, but people are mostly water, with some sticks and mush to do stuff.  Still, basically the same density as water.  Robot Copy people have to be mostly metal, especially when we saw metal bits sticking out of ARCM.  My apartment elevator wiggles when people get on (I think it's a rebalancing of the counter weights).  If a Robot Copy person got on, it would wiggle a lot due to the big weight increase.  Yes, this idea is totally something I'm remembering from the Ghost in the Shell movie, but it's still valid.  GitS was a world with Robot Copy people everywhere, so there was some engineering making sure elevators and things worked.  AoS isn't that world yet, so it should be easy to find Robot Copy people.




No comments:

Post a Comment