Monday, January 2, 2017

Monday: Totally on time post about New Year's Day (Observed)

The day started with everyone's favorite thing to do in Oakland, eating Korean BBQ.
It continues to be delicious, although I continually wonder if we've over-optimized for a false maximum, and if we could get better results with a different combination of foods.  Then I remember how much I love their gyoza, and stop worrying so much.  I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I like the bulgolgi more than the brisket, based on the fact that the bulgolgi is more consistently tender.  I still love the brisket, it just has such a short window of "super yummy," that I feel I'm always eating it at "just regular yummy."

Mushrooms and zucchini do seem like things we should order at the beginning of the meal, however.  Just get them both, throw them out in a continual stream, and enjoy having stuff that isn't meat to sit and soak up the meat juices.

In any case, there were some errands to run later in the day.

"A bad guy came in, and knitted that, and put it there.  They weren't supposed to do that, but they left it up as a warning."
Sure.  I can get on board with that story.  Those darn bad guys, coming in, knitting things, putting them up to display.  Have you no shame, bad guys? 

No comments:

Post a Comment