Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday: I guess today was the day I wanted fish.

Part of the issue is that I wanted to check out my closer Target, and see if they had the stuff I wanted that the Kailua one didn't.  That meant finding someplace on the way to Target to get lunch.
So Nico's was the answer.
 Nico's has a gym too.
And is probably a Psyduck nest right now.
 But the gym was pretty weak, so once I was done eating, I took it down.
Sticking in Kingler.
 I knew it wouldn't last long, as they had been training the gym before I attacked it.  So I claimed the reward, and left.  By the time I'd walked around the pier and gotten back to my car, they had already taken it back, and I didn't feel sufficiently spiteful to again steal it.  Besides, I had planned to check out a different place to play.  After Target.  Which I didn't take any pictures of, but I did buy sunscreen.  I need to find a hat, though, because even waiting until late afternoon doesn't make the sun not super bright.

Anyway, Magic Island, next to Ala Moana Beach Park.
I'm pretty sure it's a Vulpix nest.
 It's not a bad place to walk around, and there are six pokestops along the way.
I kind of regret not stopping at the other end of AMBP to get a shot across the beach, but this isn't a bad picture of Waikiki and Diamond Head.
And what's this?
The very first Magnemite I've ever seen in Hawaii.
 Also there was a gym, but it only had a Dragonite.
So Kingler got to sit in a different gym today.

I also discovered that there's a beach area in the lagoon, too.  I don't really do beach stuff, but this is good to know since people are visiting next month.

And then someone added a Gyarados to my gym.
But Team Red Jerks stole it, so whatever.

City view.
Pretty sure about the Vulpix stuff, though.

 At this point, I was a bit hungry again, and after smelling all the people grilling stuff in the park, I decided to get one of those Hula Dogs, since that's nearby.  Except it's not anymore, because they closed.  A lot of places in Ward Warehouse were closed/are closing, so I think they're shutting it down to redo the whole mall.  That's a good idea, since WW kind of comes off as run down.  Oh.  Luxury condos.  Fuck them, then.

Backup plan, then.
More fish, I guess.
 Sure, it's not as nearby, but at least I didn't have to wait.
I don't know why the regular wonton is never out, but the spicy one is always out.  I think the regular one has better flavors, because you get the ahi, the onion, the sauce, and the wonton.  With the spicy, you just get spicy.


No comments:

Post a Comment