Thursday, January 26, 2017

Thursday: "the story of how this all came about is a bit ridiculous."

Last night, I was sitting on my couch, watching Rooster Teeth Animated Adventure shorts, and within like five minutes, I saw this episode:


followed by this episode:


The important detail being that they both take place at Jersey Mike's.  "Was that the place we used to go to in grad school?"  I don't know, because we always just called the place we went "Big Sandwich."  So I typed it into Google, and Google shot back with "Hey, they're closing soon."

"Wait, there's one here in Hawaii?"

"Yes.  Way out in Hawaii Kai.  Closes at nine.  Want to go get a sandwich?" Mental Personification of Google suggested, knowing as well as I did that I hadn't had dinner yet, and was pretty hungry at 8:12pm.

"How long does it take to get there?"

"Twenty-Five minutes.  You have PLENTY of time to do this," MPoG helpfully responded.

And I nearly did, which would have made this story even crazier than it already is.  Instead, I continued watching the sloth documentary I was watching and had something disappointing instead.

But, I decided that it would be worth heading there after work today.  It's annoying dealing with traffic, but I was able to get out there, and as I'm pulling into the parking lot, I notice that they have a small folding sign set up by the curb pointing out that Jersey Mike's is right there.  "That's odd."  I then park, and notice that the store has a huge line, despite being like 7pm.  "That's odd."  As I was up, I see there there's a bunch of workers outside the store, handing things out to people.  "That's odd."

I get inside, order my food, and the guy who's making my sandwich mentions, "yeah, it's pretty busy here.  We just opened yesterday."

So if I had gone with the crazy plan, I would have accidentally gone there on their very first day open.

It's pretty good, but it's also kind of expensive.  $14 for a regular combo.
The sandwich guy was also a bit wild with the vinegar and oil.

And then I got home to find that my Amazon package was shipped from Vanuatu.

Which was unexpected.



No comments:

Post a Comment