Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thursday: Sandwiches, I guess.

The bakery by work makes sandwiches now.  Turkey/prosciutto/provolone/veggies/mustard/"pesto aioli."
Yes, I know that aioli is just fancy mayo, but the salmon sandwich they also had wasn't whole salmon, it was a salmon salad, and that has even more mayo in it.  Besides this turkey sandwich was good.  It's kind of weird, though.  I'd take a bite, it wouldn't be good, then I'd chew it some, and it changed to really good.  One thing that helps is that everything is cut super thin, so boo, less tomato, but also yay, less mushy tomato getting water everywhere.

And then I wrote a monstrous program that forks off a fixed set of child clients, and then has each child fork off a fixed set of grandchild clients.  It's disgusting, but it solves a parallelization problem with a single script, and that means I don't need to bother doing anything other than run the script and point the output to a log file.  Blammo.

Then I came up with a problem that could only be fixed with a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond.  They didn't have what I wanted exactly, but I got something that should fix that problem.  I'll see this weekend, I guess.
The fact that BB&B is close to the only remaining Arby's on the island had nothing to do with that fact.  It was simply a convenient coincidence.  I did have to retake this shot twice, because even when you know that's a virtual cartoon monster rat, you still feel weird having it standing on your food.  Sipping bbq sauce?  That's fine, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment