Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday: Upon further counting, it turns out I have two weeks to clean.

Still.  Lots of cleaning to do.

And I should do a full write up of how I did this, but:
Number of pieces per dollar for Lego sets.

Where I've scraped the entire active lego.com catalog, dumped it into a database, classified the series each set belongs to into a few broad categories (Generic is like "City" or "Pirates", Lego Brand is "Nexo Knights" or "Mindstorms", and Licenced is "Star Wars" or "Disney".  Other is the "Minifigures" series, which I didn't want to deal with), and then fit mean pieces per dollar for each category, with a plot of the mean and scatter at each price point.  The entire database is only 405 entries long, so it's a bit tricky to cut things into too many dimensions.  Based on this, you get almost one fewer piece per dollar with a licensed set.  The "Lego Brand" thing is a bit skewed, because that's not entirely just sets with regular Lego pieces.  In any case, I needed a picture for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment