Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday: I probably could have split this into four posts

Part 1: I go to lunch

I had originally thought about going to Nico's (auto-sound) for lunch today. When I checked online to see what time they closed, I discovered that they weren't open today.  Partially because it's a Sunday, and partially because they're not open until the end of the month.  They're moving to a bigger place, so there's not much to do about it.

With that option removed, I decided to just be lazy and go back to the Honolulu Burger Company.  I went with their mushroom burger, to which I added bacon, because bacon:
One problem that this burger had was that the mushrooms were a bit wet, and combined with the lettuce and tomatoes, the whole thing kind of degenerated into a soppy mess.  It still tasted good, even if it was a little bit too big.  I also probably shouldn't have gone with the blue cheese fries:
Don't really know why they added tomatoes to them, and I think it had some of their dressing added into the mix as well.  These were very good, with the cheese turning into a melty gooey sauce.  However, with the burger being huge, and a big pile of fries, I ended up feeling uncomfortably full.  I'm still not sure that their burgers are the best on the island, but it is tasty.

Part 2: I regret buying Safeway brand kleenex

Yes, technically if they're Safeway brand, they're not kleenex.  Genericized trademarks.

Anyway, I needed kleenex, and when I went to the store, I saw this box:
and immediately thought, "Holy shit, that box looks like Rowlf."
Rowlf.
It turns out that pareidolia isn't the best way to shop for things.  Safeway doesn't seem to have the strictest quality standards:
This is totally a great picture.
The individual tissues aren't correctly cut, so when you pull, you end up with just a never ending stream.  This means that every time I go to blow my nose, I do so with a giant wad of kleenex.

Part 3: Lots of links to things

Part 4: Menu planning

  • Monday: I think the plan is to get fish tomorrow, and make fish tacos.  I'm thinking mahi mahi.
  • Tuesday: This would be a continuation of the mahi mahi.
  • Wednesday: You can do salmon tacos, right?  Let's get two kinds of fish, and keep this taco strategy going.  Alternate idea: something else with the salmon.
  • Thursday: Salmon 2: The Revengening.
  • Friday: Not fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment