Saturday, January 7, 2012

I did nothing today. I consider that a success.



  • To be fair though, he did at least see almost all of them.
  • One of my favorite episodes, and that's a cool shirt, but I probably would never wear it.
  • Rick Santorum is never going to be president.  Here's a story pointing out that he's inconsistent, too.
  • Clearly, I should have gone into math instead.
  • Three different ads about how flying used to be.  I wouldn't really feel so bad on a 10 hour flight from HNL to SFO if I could ride in one of those seats.  Plus I love the concept of "Midnight snack bar".
  • Let's count the number of things wrong in this ad. 1) Sandwiches are delicious, so "sandwich lunch" being bad is nonsense. 2) Roy looks to be about 15. WTF is he sliding down stairs on a tea tray for? 3) "Then Mary had to come in..." I assumed that it was 1950's wife narrating this story. Does Jim have two wives, one that stays at home and cooks, and one that goes out and works?  Maybe she's like a hired maid or cook?  I wouldn't think it'd be proper for a family to eat with servants. 4) Those are just fucking canned peas. Unless "batchelor's" is 1950's slang for "with added drugs," I don't think people are going to be that happy to eat them. 5) 4 out of 6? Did they not reduce ratios in the 50's?  Say 2 out of 3.  Unless you actually only asked six women. Then you should say, "Four of the six women we asked claimed to enjoy these peas.  The other two looked at us like we were crazy when we asked which brand of fucking canned peas they enjoyed.  All six of them asked us how badly we failed our statistics classes."  6) Look at those plates.  a) those are really skinny chops. b) do they each have three potatoes? c) how many cans of peas do you need to open to fill a giant bowl like that one?  Besides, they've already served three servings from it.  That means they have something like sixteen servings left.  Why make five times the necessary amount of crappy canned peas? 7) "Look at my hand.  Look at my fucking hand.  I have it resting on this knife, and GOD HELP ME, I will stab you all RIGHT THIS FUCKING MINUTE if you don't sit the fuck down and eat your fucking peas.  And you all better fucking SMILE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment