Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sushi sushi sushi bar!


First thing to remember about sushi:
Wasabi travels in packs.
 One thing I like about the ahi here is that the fish is super cold.
And the unagi is super warm, because they just made it in the back.
 I knew lobster balls from the belt wasn't a great idea, and these had been sitting out a while, as they were cold.  Not a bad flavor, but I really should only get these fresh.
Ditto with the chicken karaage.
"Texas roll."  I've never seen this before, but it showed up on the belt right after the guy next to me ordered a kalbi nigiri.  That sounded pretty good, so when this arrived, I assumed that they'd made it with leftover kalbi. That was correct, and this was really good.  Basically, kalbi strips wrapped in lettuce wrapped in sushi rice.  You can see that the kalbi juice is leaking out the bottom.
Random other sushi that was going around.  I wasn't going to eat it, but I felt like taking a picture.
Tower of missing noms.
See, I told you they travel in packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment