Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday: Finally ate that salmon


I decided to go with a salad instead of tacos, since I wanted to get rid of my produce before getting more tomorrow. (Everyone can sing along now:) I'm going to try to make it to the farmer's market.

The salad base was lettuce, tomato, and macadamia nuts.  I salted the salmon and stuck it under the broiler to cook.  The ends were a bit overdone, but since fish don't come in rectangles (except ahi. I'll stick an image here tomorrow, after I take a picture of the blocks of sushi grade ahi at the store.  The internet didn't point me at one immediately).  While that cooked, I made a dressing by thinly slicing some onions, frying them in some oil, adding garlic and ginger, then some mirin and soy sauce, and finished with a bit of the shiso furikake.  Yes, that was mostly a "let's throw stuff together" recipe.  It worked well, making a dressing that matched the fish and made the salad more exciting.  Salmon and onion go together, which was the basis of the whole thing.

Monkeys riding dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment