Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday: driving around

Driving of course means:

Driving also means:
LOL HOW DOES DRIVE WORK?
Dealing with people who shouldn't really be allowed to drive.  I don't think people understand that the turn signal is to tell other people that you plan on turning. You don't turn it on halfway through changing lanes. How does that help anyone?  


I suspect the writer of this sign forgot to specify exactly what was "ice cold."  I don't think it's actually possible to have an "ice cold yard sale" on Hawaii.


I went driving to the west coast of Oahu, and this picture basically sums up what you see over there.  There are some big fancy houses with walls and gates. There are old houses that were big and fancy forty years ago, but are now kind of run down and in need of painting. There are tent cities of homeless people living on the side of the road.

Eventually I reached the end of the road at Kaena point.


On the drive back, I saw a mongoose run across the road.  I really don't know what they look like, so I just drew a squirrel. It's pretty close
Oh hai! Iz almost done with oil change!
Another mongoose was hiding under one of the cars parked at the beach.


Since my original plan for lunch fell through, and I'd been driving around all day, I decided to stop at Honolulu Burger Company to pick up dinner instead of cooking. Because I'm lazy.  I've read about them before, as they use Big Island beef, and do a lot of locally sourced ingredients.


"Blue Hawaii" burger with truffle fries.  The burger itself was great, very moist and full of flavor. However, the blue cheese kind of trampled all over that.  The bacon was pretty much lost to the cheese, although the onions could push through.  The fries were a bit greasy and because of that, were pretty limp and soggy.  Not really the best truffle fries ever.  I'll probably try this place again, since they're really close to where I live, and there are a lot more burgers to try.  I don't think I'd agree that they have "Best Burgers in Honolulu," but they probably do have the best tasting meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment