Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wednesday: I still hate detrends. Also: colds

Apparently having a cough for two weeks isn't normal. Even people at work are starting to comment.  I'm beginning to think maybe this isn't a regular cold, and not even the immortal self-replicating franken-cold. If I'm not significantly better by tomorrow, I probably should try out this "urgent care" thing I keep hearing about.

The food front has been boringly the same.  Big salad plus pulled pork sammich (and some chips to add variety).  I did get feta at Safeway, and I think that did help the salad significantly.  It's a different kind of salty compared to the parmesan, and mixes well with the red onion. Unfortunately, I've now consumed my local lettuce and tomatoes.  I've also discovered that my corn has started to mold on the ends where they were cut off by the farmer's market people. So I guess tomorrow will have to have some sort of improvised veggie or something.  I have a pile of blueberries, so I could just eat a bunch of them and claim it's the same thing.

Another thing that seems obvious when you say it, but is always a bit of a surprise: eating a big salad each day with dinner means that I don't get late night hungry cravings. I actually had to struggle to get the pulled pork sammich down, and I was starting from "grumbly tumbly" status.  I guess it turns out that eating more veggies (and not things like cookies and doughnuts) is a healthy thing to do.

I think I'm going to ignore the next two days of my dinner planning (I think tomorrow was supposed to be calamari), and finish off the pulled pork.  It's holding up well, and even though I'll need to find a salad replacement (easy option: more salad stuff, but that requires a weekday trip to the WF), it seems like the best option.  I do have a thought for friday, which some might call "insane" and "a terrible idea," but I think it should work quite well.

Quite.

Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment