Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday: Actual planning

I ate a late lunch today, so I really don't feel like cooking a proper dinner, so instead I'm just having some peach slices. Yay fruit!  This of course means that the shrimp I bought for dinner tonight will instead be dinner tomorrow. Ok, so that means the plan is:


  • Sunday: Shrimp, I think just pan fried with some mashed potatoes. I bought some tiny Hawaiian chilis at the farmer's market, so maybe some quick chili sauce or something?
  • Monday: I got a decent piece of beef flap steak, as a replacement for pork belly so I could make this. I think I'll substitute out the cabbage with some farmer's market lettuce, so when I'm done, it won't really be exactly the same at all, I guess. The sauce will make up for it probably.
  • Tuesday: Leftovers
  • Wednesday: It's a fairly big piece of steak.
  • Thursday: This is where the plan falls apart. I'm pretty sure that I'll be out of stuff garlic chili beef at this point, or too tired of it to keep going.  Maybe use some of the chicken I have hiding in my freezer to make a quick stir fry?
  • Friday: Let's say that's what we did, and then we'll finish up those leftovers.
Complaints about the farmer's market from today:
  • Who brings a bag of McDonald's breakfast food to a farmer's market? They have like a million booths selling prepared food that's certainly going to be better than an egg mcmuffin.
  • I saw people leaving who had purchased a lemonade. Unless they had secretly hidden produce in their pockets, I just don't see the point of going to a farmer's market.
  • When you're dragging a big plastic box through a crowd, and you clip an old lady's leg, giggling to yourself as you walk away probably isn't the socially acceptable answer.
  • Dear Ron Paul supporter, I'm sorry I ignored you when you held up your mailing list/petition/clipboard of crazy scribbles. What I meant to say was, "Die in a fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment