Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday: bruschetta


I had planned on making a pot pie today, but I also wanted to do something with my tomatoes. I then came up with bruschetta, but decided that those two didn't really go together very well. Over the course of the day, the bruschetta sounded better and better, so that eventually won out.  I made a few accompaniments:

  • Mushrooms from the farmer's market.  I just sauteed it quickly in a bit of butter with some pepper and rosemary.
  • Leftover chicken. I sliced it, and warmed it in the pan after the mushrooms were finished.
  • That's just one of the giant farmer's market tomatoes. Diced up, with some shallot, garlic, and basil.  Finished with some balsamic vinegar and a bit of pepper.  I should have roasted the garlic, as it came through a bit harsh.
  • Mozzarella, pink sea salt, fresh pepper to top.

No comments:

Post a Comment