Friday, July 8, 2011

Did you mean: goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle

I got so involved randomly linking things in the last post that I forgot to mention how stupid it is that pictures uploaded to Google+ can't be used in blogger, despite the fact that I can go to picasa and see them all right next to each other.  Isn't there a way to super-share pictures in Google+ so that other Google Googles can Google them with their Googles?

Ok, so that last sentence made me think of the word Google. That led me to thinking about power laws. That led to:

Yes. Yes it is. A lot of the higher number searches fall into two categories: the worst typo-squatters ever and youtube video comments/forum posts where someone is being a dick about suggesting someone search the internet to answer a question.  My original plan was to stop searching at 100-o's, since that seemed to be the appropriate number. However, since I was still getting O(log10(R)) ~ 2, I figured I would keep going until it reached zero results.  That happened, but it turns out to be a special case. When you have a search that includes a 125-character word, Google assumes you're just fucking with it and refuses to do the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment