Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday: maybe I will keep using days

partially because I couldn't come up with anything good to put there instead. :-/

I forgot I was going to pick up stromboli-ngredients until I was already home. I guess it's not that big of a deal, and I didn't pack any of my grocery bags either.  Instead, I decided to just throw something together reasonably fast.  

Since I have the stick blender, I figured I'd try making a salad dressing that would be properly blended.  I didn't measure anything, but the ingredients were:
  • clove of garlic
  • glob of dijon (like a teaspoon?)
  • some balsamic vinegar (like a tablespoon?)
  • olive oil (enough to make it look about right)
  • salt pepper parsley (since I have a bush of it still in the fridge)
After blending it together, I dumped it over my lettuce, and immediately realized that I had about twice as much dressing as I needed.  It tasted fine, but was just a bit too strong since there was so much of it.  You can see the tomato and parmesan I topped the salad with.



I then just made a quick meatball sandwich:


Regular bread is too wimpy for meatballs. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment