Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday: saladables are hard to find

I thought that I'd be able to pick up some spinach at target this evening (Operation Hand Soap was a complete success). Unfortunately, the saladables section of the grocery section had been picked completely clean by the time I got there.  The only thing left was a terrible looking bag of "caesar salad kit" with the palest lettuce ever.  I had to stop at Foodland to get spinach (and has it always been $5 a bag? WTF?).

Tonight's pulled pork sammich accompaniment was the spinach in a quick honey mustard sauce, with red onion, pecans, and feta.  The dressing was a bit meh, but the rest was good. I'm looking forward to getting more stuff at the farmer's market this weekend. WF is having a sale on cherries tomorrow, but I've learned my lesson about attempting to go there on a friday.  I'd rather pay the extra $6 a pound to avoid the aggravation of trying to find parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment