Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July part 2


It looks the same as the other salads I've been eating this weekend, but just a quick switch around dramatically changed the flavor. I'd sliced up some red onion for my pulled pork sandwich (not shown, since I already posted a picture of the one I had for lunch. This one was the same, just with red onion and a better toast job), so I put a bit in to the salad with the lettuce.  Then a bit more oil than I've been using and a bit less balsamic. Then a bit of salt, pepper, and some garlic powder.  I then covered the bowl and shook it all up to coat.  This worked much better than my previous attempts, and the garlic powder and onion juice really helped the flavor.  I think if I had some of that umami paste, a tiny drop of that would have worked as well.  I thought about making something similar by frying some crushed garlic and anchovy filets and then mixing in a bit of tomato paste, but that seemed a bit more work than I really wanted to put into it. Once the lettuce, onion, and dressing stuff was done, I sliced up one of the tomatoes from yesterday and then added sea salt and parmesan.  I think I might try to get some feta cheese tomorrow, since I think that might work a bit better with the onion than the parmesan.

Also: pulled pork sammich. Om nom nom nom nom.

So I think the menu plan for this week is going to be:


  • Tuesday: Same thing as today, probably.
  • Wednesday: I'm going to be out of salad stuff by then, so more like today's lunch, I think.
  • Thursday: I'll be tired of pulled pork by then, so I'll probably freeze any leftovers, and so I'll have to come up with something else. Maybe I'll try to find that calamari hood and do a seafood night?
  • Friday: No clue.  I'm just going to wing this one, I think.
  • Saturday: Whatever tasty stuff I get at the farmer's market, plus roast chicken from WF
  • Sunday: Leftover roast chicken after bowling.
  • Monday: Double leftover chicken in sammich form.
Let's see how well I can stick with the plan this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment