Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday: Part 2

Because I'm terrible at remembering things, I forgot to take a picture of the Austin Farmer's Market.  I don't think it's really that much bigger than the Honolulu KCC one, in terms of the number of booths attending.  However, it does seem to be using a much larger space, and separates the prepared foods from the fresh ingredients.  Whatever the reason, it's far easier to navigate the market with all the people, even when you have a dog that wants to look at everything.

I did get a jar of apple butter, since this is something that simply doesn't exist in Hawaii:


The aforementioned dog, all tired out from a long day of playing:


Dinner was a simple yet delicious fried potato/farmer's market pan sausage/egg scramble, with sriracha on the side.  I never realized that I like sriracha as much as I apparently do.  Luckily, that's super easy to find at home.  You'll notice the apple butter on a piece of toast, and some apple cider to drink.  I really miss the wonders of having an actual autumn.  


No comments:

Post a Comment