Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday lunch: Kolache Factory



I don't think that I've had kolaches before, but this place was a good introduction.  The basic idea is the same as a hundred other foods: take a bread of some sort, stuff it with sweet or savory fillings, and then cook and serve.  This one was a ham and cheese kolache, and I'd already eaten a pepperoni mushroom one.

On the subject of "hundred other foods," these are basically the same as the manapua I can get near work (oddly enough, also produced in a factory.  Apparently this kind of food is easily adaptable to industrialization.).  I've avoided them for awhile, since last time I went there, the food wasn't fully cooked.  However, this was the Chinese food that I was eating, and not the manapua.  I think I'm going to have to give them another chance, and try the manapua this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment