Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday: The Noble Pig

Lunch today was at the Noble Pig:
 I'm really sad that Honolulu doesn't have a place like this (or Zingerman's, but that's even rarer).  I want tasty sandwiches made from meat that isn't the same crap I can buy at the grocery store.  One of the sandwich places by work actually advertises exactly which manufacturer they get their meat from.  Why would I pay them $9 to get a sandwich that I could make myself from stuff I buy at WF for $3?  If you want to set yourself up as a gourmet sandwich place, you need to do more than just buy stuff.

Anyway:
I got their namesake sandwich, but if I were to go again, I would probably try to get two half sandwiches of something. One of those halves would still probably be the NP.  Pulled pork + ham + bacon? Three kinds of delicious pig between two slices of bread.  Add in a cup of "coconut curry pork" soup (which tasted not very coconut-y or curry-y, but was more like a pulled pork and chili soup), and you reach a nice daily allowance for pork consumption.

Dinner was a rotisserie chicken + salad + tasty polenta, but I again forgot to take pictures.  Julie commented that the polenta tasted like it maybe didn't have enough liquid in it, and given that it was still better than what I usually make, I think that means that I seriously never put in enough liquid.  Maybe it's time to do my polenta and mushrooms with gruyere dish when I get back, and give it another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment