Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grylt: I'm not going to review this place anymore after this

Here are the old reviews.

Here's today's lunch:

The reason this is the last review is that pretty much all the concerns I'd had in the past seem to be resolved now.  I don't know if the Grylt people have spies reading my blog, but they even had a scale for checking the weight of the fish.  Again, I don't really care what the weight is, but since everything is sliced freestyle, having the scale makes it clear that the portions are defined.

Another change was the romaine salad.  I ordered it, and was a bit confused when the girl filling my order took the lettuce back to the grill.  While she was back there, one of the other workers said, "good choice on getting the grilled romaine salad." What? Grilled romaine? I checked the menu to see where it said that, and didn't see anything about it.

The result of grilling the romaine?


Yeah, when the salad is so good that you eat it first, that's a good salad.  It tasted like they oiled the cut side of the lettuce, and then peppered it and put it on the grill, but it's possible that it just picked up some pepper from the grill.  It was topped with tomato, grilled red onion, parmesan, and a little drizzle of honey mustard dressing.

In any case, I think they've sorted out the problems after opening, and I think it's probably going to end up a regular lunch option.

No comments:

Post a Comment