Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday dinner: chicken and 40 cloves

I'll fix the date when I edit this text.

Ok, so it's now two weeks later, and I'm finally getting around to editing this entry.

Chicken with 40 cloves.  I think we've done this one before at Julie's, mostly because I remember cutting up the chicken for that dinner as well.  I'm getting pretty good at it, although I'd never be able to be a chicken part-er for a full time job. I'm just not fast enough.

The recipe is pretty simple, working from memory:

  1. Cut the whole chicken into pieces. Breast x2, thigh x2, legs x2, wings x2, carcass for stock to freezer.
  2. Salt, pepper, sear the crap out of them in some oil.
  3. Dump in more oil, all the garlic, and sage, then cover and put into the oven for like an hour.
  4. Toss it around a bit to make sure that everything cooks fully while cooking, then serve with bread so you can mush the garlic into the bread, and nom nom nom.
My memory is crappy, so I don't remember what the other side was. The first side was roasted brussel sprouts, which I tried, and ate a decent portion of. Still, I don't like brussel sprouts, although they were better than I expected roasted.  I think if they'd been roasted even more, and had more salt, I might have liked them more as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment