Saturday, October 22, 2011

Luke: San Antonio

Lunch today was at Luke: San Antonio, which has a really nice set of interconnected fans:


Starting course: flammkuchen

This is very similar to the onion tart that I sometimes make, except it uses a cracker-thin bread crust instead of the potatoes I use.  This also has caraway seeds, which I definitely need to start using in things.  Very tasty.

Next up was soup: Louisiana crabmeat bisque:
Not bad, and it had decent flavor, but it was much thinner than I expected.  Compared with the crawfish bisque from Simplicity, this was kind of a disappointment.  

My lunch: Bratwurst with "skillet potatoes" and sauerkraut:

The bratwurst was good and had a smooth texture, and went well with the mustard.  The potatoes were a bit too filling after the soup and tart, though, so I left a lot of them for leftovers.  One surprise was that the sauerkraut had a sweet flavor, and not the regular horrible sauerkraut sauer-ness.

Other lunches: Luke burger (bacon/emmenthaler/carmelized onions) and BLT (B/L/T/soft shell crab):


The BLT was my second option, as I have enjoyed the soft shell crab I've had in the past.  This one did have a bit of an odd texture in the body.  Since I've generally only had the tiny baby ones, this is probably just a size variation.

Also, I have no idea what to write on a receipt comment line, so I added the first suggestion someone had:


Yep, that's true, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment