Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thursday: Writing never feels productive.

Probably at least partially because I hate everything I write.  Oh well.  There's always tomorrow.  And maybe the weekend.  And part of next week.
Today's Pokemon was Mimikyu.
Twelve.
I'm sure this is equally easy elsewhere, but I really enjoyed that R is so simple:
zpt <- data.frame="" header="TRUE))</font" read.csv="" zpt.dat="">
summary(zpt)
levels(zpt$filter)
mycolors = c('yellow','green','blue','red','purple','violet')
with(zpt,plot(as.Date(dateobs),zpt_obs,col=mycolors[filter]))legend(as.Date("2016-08-01"), 27.25, legend=levels(zpt$filter), col=mycolors, pch=19)
dev.copy(png,"./date.png"); dev.off()
I'm sure there's a way to tunnel a mysql connection through ssh so I could read the data directly from the database, but I figured that would take too much time to sort out.  Or, I'd google it now, and there'd be literally piles of pages saying "yeah, it works basically exactly how you expect."  Most of R seems to be that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment