Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday: Like, it became an obsession.

Kalbi.  As the day came to a close, I decided I wanted kalbi.  Looking over pictures of KBBQ on my blog didn't help, as that just made me want kalbi even more.  That eventually led to me deciding to just go get some at the fast food Korean place by work that I never go to.

The kalbi.
I should go there more often than never.  This wasn't a cheap plate, coming in at like $17, but that's with four veggies (I doubled up on the potatoes, because I like those potatoes, even if they aren't as good as the Gogi Time ones).  All the veggies are cold, which I guess isn't a big deal.  I should have gotten mandoo, which are just gyoza with a pseudonym.

In any case, the kalbi is thin, and that means it gets cold fast, and it means that the fat doesn't cooperate as much as it would on a thicker slice.  Still, the meat has good flavor, is tender away from the fatty bits, and they put a nice char on it.  The rice soaks up all the delicious kalbi flavor, and this totally covered what I wanted it to.

Now I have to decide if this means I don't get USBBQ this weekend, and if this means I don't try a hot pot place as well.


In unrelated notes, I was reading my new Squirrel Girl trade, and I saw this, and thought, "well, that's probably the greatest panel in this comic, wow Nancy is great":
Nancy doesn't like it when you touch her friends with your grabby hands.
But then, later, the same issue came up with not only the greatest panel in this comic, but probably one of the greatest panels in a comic ever:
It's not this one, but it's good to get the lead in.
 It's this one:
Don't mess with Doreen.
In final news, I discovered that if I let my name classification code use recent names from the SSA, then it actually correctly classes a bunch of names I had to add exceptions for.  It turns out that after about 2008 or so, there's an influx of names that aren't in previous years.  I'd had a thought that recent names would be useful when I wrote the first version, but never sat down to actually look at the details.


  • This is here specifically for the Clow Reed one.
    • (It's the one about problems and solutions).
  • I heard a song by this artist/group on the way home from work, so it's in a tab right now, so it's a link.
    • How does Soundcloud work?  Can you download things?  Is there a way to buy albums?  I really like this "S-Trig" one.
  • Today is Sailor Moon's birthday.
  • I watched this video like four times last week, because "let's watch the glitter cat video!" kept being requested.
  • I'm tempted to print out some of these.
  • Deadpool/Spider-Man.
  • I would have liked to see a bit of code, but the main point is that this blog post quantifies what I thought: France is full of old people.
  • For the two that I watch enough to care about, this is pretty much exactly my thoughts.
  • That's kind of a cool image classification method.
  • A) It's stupid that this happens at all.  B) "He said he disliked her ideas so he behaved the way he did to make her go away."  Yeah.  Sure.  That's a totally normal way to deal with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment