Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday: Learning about stuff.

I still don't like snek, but I was able to complete pretty much all of the exercises today that depended on it.  My main problem is that snek isn't helpful when things go wrong.  "Here's a bunch of trace information.  Good luck sorting out the problem!"  Gee, thanks.  I'm also annoyed that the IDE has a lazy way to retain focus.  I had a number of occasions where it'd ignore that I was typing to flash up shortcut crap.  Also it's great that there's no undo, especially since I had a bunch of things get accidentally overwritten due to the weird focus and a conspiring trackpad.

I made the plot, and after doing pixel-by-pixel math, discovered that the model is a bad fit to the data, probably because the data is slightly outside of a completely linear region, so the simple model is increasingly bad.
I guess my main point is that these things are still just tools, and no tool can prevent bad design philosophy, nor can it magically make something simple if it's been made super complicated.

I did have the fun of rushing out this morning after breakfast to try and catch a Mr. Mime.  It turns out there were two waiting for me.

I also did a gym battle, although I was kicked out about ten minutes later.

That's ok, you can forget about all 0 of those tweets.
Mostly packed, and hopefully I'll be able to get a decent seat tomorrow.  United made me check in with Lufthansa, and Lufthansa can't assign seats on my United flight.  United won't let me change those seats because I'm checked in.  I can only re-check in via Lufthansa, which, again, can't assign seats on the United flight.  It's kind of a mess of "how are we possibly operating multinational transportation companies?  We seem to be super-bad at this.  Who is flying?  Bear is flying?  Whaaaaaa?"

No comments:

Post a Comment