Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tuesday: Today is also mostly Pokemon Go.

I kind of wish there was a "cull my fucking Pidgeys" command, so I don't have to do it manually.
I've also half-planned a route to get all the Poke-stops near my neighborhood this weekend.  It works out to about 2.5km.  I'm thinking this is a Sunday task, as Saturday is already scheduled as Five Guys day.

I also have spent the past two days slowly working on the auto-gif code.  Yesterday was pulling enough bits of imagemagick's api into a simple function to dump the pixel data into a structure of doubles.  That seems to work correctly, so I spent today doing minor refactoring and then coding up the cross correlation code that's needed.  The next step is to write something to extract sub-images from the input images, multiply by an appropriate Gaussian window function, do the cross correlation, and collect the set of shifts for all sub-images.  This should be reasonably straight forward, although it's probably the most lines of code in the entire thing.  I don't think I'm going to add the actual gif making step to the code right away, as that's going to involve more digging into the imagemagick api.  I think I may just call the correct command line options.  It's cleaner to do it all in the program, but getting a fast result is more important right now.

Plus, I'll have to write up a blog post on the whole thing when I finish.  The good thing once this is done is that I'll have all the building blocks to do the "oh, it's super simple to do something to automatically add glasses to selfies" thing that I claimed was super simple while on vacation.  So two blog posts, then.



No comments:

Post a Comment