Saturday, July 9, 2016

Saturday: travel all around.

But of course, there was more Pokemon Go:
Like this ratatta that was messing up lunch at Smashburger.
Then some more packing, followed by a bit of Set, which I need to practice some more.
I'm reasonably sure that there is no set in this tableau.  I think this next week is going to involve writing a basic solver so I can confirm things like this.  I'm thinking the syntax is going to be something like 1rb0, 2sr0, 2rg2, 3rr2, 3dr1, etc.  I think the best solution is to do the N*(N-1) search of pairs, and see if the correct third for that pair exists in the hash table of available cards.
Then I drove to one airport, returned to the apartment, made sure everything was secure there, then walked to get on a bus to the train.

Which wasn't a bad plan, but then it turned into an hour long slog, because Alameda is 99% dependent on the two tunnels being open and flowing.  They weren't today.

Also, fuck that guy on the bus who was like, "yes!  This is going to my BART station!"  Fuck your station, asshole.  Do you have information about the one I'm fucking asking about?

In any case, I made it to the airport, which is full of zubats and pidgeys.  I did get a venonat, though.

My hotel room kind of has a crappy view.
Then I got dinner.
Lobster m&c wasn't as good as I was hoping.  The m&c part was good, the lobster wasn't really.

Braised short ribs, truffle mash potatoes, chard, "beer battered onion," which just means "onion rings.  Generally good, although the sauce was sweeter than was really needed.  A more savory sauce would have been better.
I didn't really need dessert.
But I got this brownie a la mode anyway.
Then on the way back up the elevator, I looked at my room key.
"Why is there a duck on this?  Oh.  Wait.  That's not a duck, that's a lady in a pool.  She looks like a duck, though."




I will have lots of PKMN Go links for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment