Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday: I wasted a bunch of time trying to get data out of a inconvenient database, but it doesn't matter because Twitter has stickers for android now.

I got a burrito for dinner in Kailua, because I was frustrated with that database.
It was also raining when I left work, which sucked, so I brought my umbrella.
Pirate kitty pop doesn't understand why a program that claims to interface to this stupid online database wouldn't be able to conveniently join a local table with the remote one.

"Can't you upload your table to the remote server?" asks Pharaoh Speaker.  "No, because the remote server doesn't support that," replies Random Snail.  "Is there a way to loop over the local table and generate a series of queries?"  Random Snail looks up sadly and says simply, "That idea never seems to have occurred to them.  The query is even using an indexed field.  It'd be fast to do."
Super fast.  So I guess I'm writing something to flood the web interface to download the values next week.
There were two Pokestops to bounce between at the burrito place, too.  I completely filled my bag, dumped a bunch of potions, and got my first Great Ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment