Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday: Ugh.

I think the tooth I just got fixed two months ago is donked up again.  It felt sharp after lunch, and I think the filling shifted.  I'll have the dentist look at it next week, and hopefully it's not a big deal.  Annoying that it is being this difficult though.

Also, I decided this week that there needs to be an extension that converts all instances of "provocateur" to "douchebag", because that's really what people mean.

I almost sat down to sort out that census data issue.  It's not super hard, as it's just interpolating missing values or taking a "85+" number and converting it to plausible 85, 86, etc. values.  In any case, I pulled some of the data out, based on a bunch of stories I saw noting that most Republicans at the convention are in the 65+ category.  So, normalizing to a by-eye 2000 population number:
For decade spaced populations that are 65, 75, 85.  Ish.

The takeaway being that about half of the people that voted in 2000 election and were born in 1930 have died since then, and the same will be true of people born in 1940 by the end of Hillary's terms.




No comments:

Post a Comment