Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday: Fuck.

I have to get my apartment ready for a surprise appraisal inspection next week.  I am not happy about that, since I thought we already did that.  "It's for estate planning."  So now I have to clean a bunch of things and tidy up, and I've already abandoned the idea of making my pile of unshelved books look like anything better than "pile of unshelved books."

Let's see if I have any historical images to make me feel better.

From 2006.

From 2008.
I was going to be a downer, and claim that both of those squirrels are probably dead by now, but it turns out the average lifespan is 12.5 years.  Good job, fuzzy squirrels.


  • This is today's most depressing link.  Man, fuck this week and depressing news stories, right?
  • This is the only other semi-serious link.  It's from some "we have to be the conservative voice for college campuses, because colleges are run by godless communists" site that cleverly neglects the most likely solution to the problem.  "We decided to show Deadpool instead of Zoolander 2 because Deadpool is objectively a better movie, and hey, doesn't decide to claw it's way into relevancy by making fun of a group of people.  Well, technically Deadpool insults people named Francis, but it's more a mockery of how someone is so untrusting of his associates that he hides that fact from them because he is worried about being mocked."  I mean, why would you choose to show Zoolander 2 if Deadpool is an option?
  • This is so wonderful I'm sad I didn't think of it first.
  • Pigeon.
  • Kiss cam pizza girl is the hero we deserve.
  • This cat sums up my day.
  • Partially because of this restaurant review that made me literally go "Oh!  Curry-pan!" followed by "with a fucking egg in the middle?  Damn it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment