Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday: Burrito disappointment.

There really should be a burrito emoji.
Earlier in the week, I discovered that there's another burrito place on the island.  Given that my current options are the place that doesn't make super great burritos, and driving half an hour each way to get a pretty good burrito, any new options are good.

The conversation above came about as I was reading their menu, and wanted to confirm that they were just using queso's full name.  I thought it would be great, getting a chicken queso burrito.
I also got chips and guac, because today is the one day a year that I apparently feel like getting guac.
 "So how was it?" you ask, ignoring the title of the post.

The inside.
 There were a lot of problems.  First, the queso was separated, making it greasy and gritty.  Second, there was too much queso in it, and they way it was wrapped meant that the ends were basically 100% queso, which isn't great when the queso isn't that good.  Plus, all the flavors blend into a bland blah.  I had the spicy salsa, but it didn't really come through at all.  The guacamole is good though, but it's unfortunate that the sole reason I was looking forward to is was so disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment