Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday: No theme.

The continuing saga of "they're doing stuff in my office for the new fire (?) alarms":
It's not in use yet.
The clouds looked cool when I left work, as well.
I should have taken a few more pictures to fill in the horizon a bit better.  I also need to remember when I do these that I should take a "straight up" shot.  Also, you can see the moon as a tiny dot on the right.

This would be a link, but I played with the bot using a variety of blog images I still have in /tmp/.  I think this is far more impressive than the "guess your age" thing Microsoft had a while back.  If they can get this working correctly, it'll be great.  Write a quick bot to push a bunch of images through it, and I can finally put together a database of reasonable guesses at what all the pictures I've saved over the years are without having to do it myself.  It clearly still has problems:


You did badly, CaptionBot.
 To be fair though, it did correctly identify this Kimchi picture as "a small dog", despite that being a super blurry photo.  The research paper is kind of an interesting read.  Hopefully they'll be able to get the accuracy higher than 50%.


  • It seems a bit odd that the Obamas paid an 18.7% tax rate, when I calculate I paid 14.8%.  We should have a more progressive tax system.
  • Yes.  I'm sure Rick Fucking Snyder is now a beacon of environmentalism.  "Snyder said work at the federal level on changing the rule is proceeding too slowly and could take years. "How much harm will happen in that time frame?" he asked. "That's unacceptable.""  Fuck you, asshole.  Which party do you think is the one who would be holding that up?
  • TL;DR: this means that if Garland gets on the court, he's likely to be less happy with mergers that create monopolies.
  • Basically, eat things that seem good, and don't get too concerned with labels, because you're probably being lied to.
  • Ok.  Sure, China.  Sure.
  • What are you doing, Dog?  You can't cook!  You didn't even wash your paws!
  • Wonder Woman.
  • Never install auto-text edit extensions on a browser you do work on.



No comments:

Post a Comment