Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday: And now I'm hungry again.

I did not intend to be woken up by Julie taunting me with her Korean BBQ adventures.  It started the day off with a bunch of "you should get out of bed and get something good for lunch" thoughts.  Which I ignored for a few hours until I got super hungry.  Then, I decided the best idea would be to drive over the Pali to that chicken place in Kailua.

It's still pretty good chicken.
I suspect they've switched to a weight based portioning method, as I ordered the quarter chicken and they added a wing to it.  I think it was better this time, as I didn't remember the chicken last time being as caramelized.  They did over salt the fries a bit, though.  Plus they have a "no free refill" policy.

This led me to going next door to the Safeway to get a drink.  I have now learned my lesson, and will never return the Enchanted Lake Safeway.  There were probably a dozen people in line, and they had two checkouts open.  Everyone in my line was paying for everything with cash, which takes longer.  The guy in front of me had to have a paper bag to put his plastic bag of cilantro into (and he was buying fucking cilantro).  The cashier nearly went into a panic when I walked away with my one damn bottle of pop without claiming my oh-so-valuable Safeway Monopoly pieces.

I did see this dog, though.
 There were cool clouds, so I stopped at the Pali lookout to see if there were cool clouds there.
There were not cool clouds there, and the tourists were extra dumb.  Yes.  Stand behind my car and point to your friends that my backup lights are on.  I wonder what that could possibly mean.  Maybe it means "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE DAMN WAY"?

No comments:

Post a Comment