Monday, December 14, 2015

I forgot these two links, and was then going to color something, but instead of collected trash to be productive.


  • Well this sucks.  Mostly because I generally like shrimp and hate slavery.  As-you-do. Also because reading this story made me really want shrimp cocktail, and that just made me feel bad.
  • This also sucks, but isn't that surprising.  The main quote that gets to the point is this one: "And like many other areas of the economy, YouTube has a basic supply and demand problem. Everybody wants to be there, so fledgling performers put up with a lot because they want to be famous."  Let's do a bit of math.
I'm subscribed to 391 channels, and it looks like in the past day, 83 new videos have been produced by those channels.  Here's the CDF of the video lengths:

With linear fit that I could convert to a power law index if I wasn't so lazy.
The median video is about five minutes long, but the sum of all of them is more than 16 hours.  Even watching at double speed, watching everything I'm subscribed to on youtube would be a full time job.  It's just not possible to watch everything.

And this is the point where I admit I was going to do a more thorough analysis, but remembered I need to do laundry tonight, so fuck it.


No comments:

Post a Comment