Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wednesday: It's like I designed parts of this phone.

First, a few pictures.  I'll have to reconfigure the image size to be the full detector, and not just the screen size.
I guess I never took a picture of my new candy box dish with my old phone.
A phone that I was going to do comparison shots with, but discovered it had a dead battery.

I had to make a new pentagon coaster from my five kinds of post-its.  I have math I thought was cool, but I'll save it for another day.
So in addition to the voice command stuff, I discovered two cool things today.  First, if I have a bluetooth device I care to trust, I can set it up so that associating with it keeps my phone unlocked.  I think I might buy a bunch of BT dongles for computers just so I can configure that for home and the office.  Second, I can quickly put the phone into camera mode by just shaking it twice.  This opens up camera mode, even if the phone is locked, allowing pictures to be taken with zero delay.  It's well done, as it locks the image gallery in the camera so that only pictures taken during that camera session are visible.  This minimizes security issues from allowing the locked phone to take pictures.


  • Political stuff.
    • Good.  It hasn't been productive in decades, and continuing it does nothing but appease bitter old people.
    • Pretty much.
    • Duh.  If Sony was smart, they'd release it onto the internet.  For free, with no DRM.  If people complain, I believe the easiest solution is simply to answer, "Oh, sorry.  We were hacked, and they stole a bunch of our data, including some entire versions of some movies."
  • The regular stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment