Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday: Whatever.

See, I said I got pizza last night.  I even brought some in for lunch today instead of going out to get something.
I also hid $20 in an old notebook in case I forget my wallet again in the future.


  • Wow.  This is either criminally stupid, or just regular criminal.  The number of people who should be going to jail in this case just keeps going up.
  • Phil Plait is wrong.
  • I guess this guy died, and made lots of money writing calc a book?  I went to look up the book I used.  It's here.  Free.  Or you can buy a copy for $50/volume, still less than the $250 amazon is wanting for the dead guy's book.  Or you can buy used copies on amazon for $4.  If I ever have to teach something, I'm going to be sure that any required texts are either free online, or readily available in the "taco bell receipt" price level.
  • I saw this deal today too.  So now I own a digital cloud copy of Fellowship of the Ring that I'll probably never watch, but whatever, it was free and I don't actually have to download it if I don't want.
  • This I might pay for, though.  I have a lot of Playstation 1 games that I either never finished or would like to play again.  $4 seems like a small price to be able to do so.

1 comment: