Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday: Well, that didn't work exactly as planned.

Today's plan had two equally important parts.

Part 1: Curry.
As you can tell, this part went exactly as planned.
Tonkatsu, spicy curry, added mushrooms.  It was actually busy today, but since I went at actual lunch time instead of the middle of the afternoon, that makes sense.  I had to wait for a seat, which took something like five minutes.  This was such a long time that another group couldn't bother waiting.  One other guy was seated at the same time as me.
This is his plate after he left.
 He basically inhaled his lunch.
For reference, here's what I had left at the exact same time.
 Next, I had to go to do part 2.
I saw this bus along the way.  You should know how to drive by now, bus. 
Part 2: Try to Get a New Cell Phone.

This was also my first chance to see the current state of Ala Moana, as the Verizon store is right next to it, and they have the most parking.
Wait, what?  Ala Moana doesn't have six floors of parking!
That's right, it doesn't.  It has eight now.  This means that it's even crazier that people were fighting over parking spaces on floors 2-4.  Six was basically empty.  They do need to work on getting to the mall, though.  They had a single elevator, which isn't that convenient.
This is kind of blown out due to the dynamic range, but they're still doing a lot of construction.
Anyway, walking to the Verizon store, I discovered that we now have a Lawson:
Yes, I did buy a Dr. Pepper just so I'd have a receipt that proves that we have a Lawson now.
According to that wiki page, Lawson opened on July 7, 2012.  This suggests how long it's been since I last went to get a new phone.  Looking closer, I can say that I got this phone on May 3, 2012.  So yes.  It's more than time to get a new one.

Of course, I have Verizon, and they're dicks.  It turns out that way back in (wait for it) 2012, Verizon decided that if you have the unlimited data plan that they don't want to offer because they're (again) dicks, then they're not going to do the phone subsidy thing anymore.  So, if I want a new phone, I have to pay full price for it.  You're a bunch of dicks, Verizon.

In any case, it's probably not the worst thing.  I was planning on getting the Moto X, and in store they only have "white with bamboo back" and "black with holy shit, wtf is this, why did you make the back bumpy fake leather, oh, I see, you're calling this 'football' because you're fucking morons.  Exclusive design my ass."  Neither of those is what I wanted, so I'd probably have to wait to get a phone delivered anyway.  Since that would mean waiting anyway, buying my own online with their builder thing means I can get a "black on black with maybe purple highlight colors, because that has a nice contrast without being yellow or something."

This still is going to cost $500, which I'm not happy with, but it's probably good to have a phone that I'm not constantly shouting at and having to charge.  I'd also lose the physical keyboard, but again, "no shouting."

Not getting a new phone blew up the second goal of the day, so I decided to wander around the mall, starting at B&N.
So I bought a book to go into the pile of unread books.  I think this is number six.
Then into the main part of the mall:


Where I saw whatever the fuck this is supposed to be while riding up the escalator.
 I wandered by the Disney store, which as I suspected, is basically just the Frozen store now:
No one wants Kristoff.
And then finally back up to my car, after navigating around the construction back to the one elevator that goes up the parking garage.
There's a sailboat in this picture.
 Links.








No comments:

Post a Comment